Art Director/ Matte Painter
Art Direction and matte painting require similar skill sets. Art Directors and matte painters must have a good all round knowledge of interior design and architecture as well as a practical understanding of building and construction. Matte painting specifically is a painted representation of a landscape, set, or distant location that allows for the illusion of an environment that would otherwise be too expensive or impossible to build or visit.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Good eye for decoration and detail;
- Ability to conceptualise ideas;
- Ability to think visually;
- Methodical approach to work;
- Ability to lead a team;
- Ability to see the broader picture and to co-ordinate effectively;
- Diplomacy and sensitivity when working with artists and crew;
How To Apply
Please email your resume, portfolio/demo reel link and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you state the position you are applying for in the “subject” line of your email.