The compositing artist combines visual elements from separate sources into single images, often to create the illusion that all those elements are parts of the same scene. They are responsible for constructing the final image by combining layers of previously created material. Although it is primarily a 2D role within the 3D world of CGI and VFX (Visual Effects), Compositors need a thorough understanding of the CG process combined with relevant artistic skills.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- extensive knowledge of current compositing software such as Fusion and Toxic
- knowledge of various other programmes including Photoshop;
- understanding of 3D animation process, particularly Lighting;
- a good eye for composition, colour, light and shadow;
- good knowledge of keying process;
- ability to communicate with colleagues and work as part of a team;
- ability to take direction and willingness to address comments and make changes;
- ability to work with a minimum of supervision;
- ability to deliver on schedule, working under pressure if required;
- respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio, production or pipeline;
- Knowledge of the requirements of the relevant Health and Safety legislation and procedures
How To Apply
Please email your resume, portfolio/demo reel link and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit: email@example.com
Please ensure that you state the position you are applying for in the “subject” line of your email.