Responsible for perspective and composition of every shot. Layout Artists must set up and stage the scene that animators will use to deliver a quality performance. Layout requires an understanding of fundamental principles of Cinematography to understanding concepts of place and environment.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- a methodical way of working combined with an appreciation of accuracy and detail;
- good working knowledge of relevant graphics, animation and compositing software including Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and/or Cel Action and After Effects;
- good understanding of the principles of animation and the various stages of production;
- good sense of composition, continuity, timing and camera mechanics;
- ability to take direction and a willingness to address comments and make changes;
- ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and capacity to manage relevant aspects of production;
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- ability to deliver on schedule, working under pressure if required;
- respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio or production;
- knowledge of the requirements of the relevant Health and Safety legislation and procedures
How To Apply
Please email your resume, portfolio/demo reel link and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you state the position you are applying for in the “subject” line of your email.