Supervise and, if needed, create a production’s render pipeline and supporting proprietary production techniques. They monitor and troubleshoot the render queuing system and rendering workload from a few computers to a major render farm of, possibly, a thousand machines. Tasks include troubleshooting and correcting failed tasks, image quality control, technical advice/support and interfacing with artists, systems administrators and production management to ensure production deadlines are met.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- High level of computer literacy;
- knowledge of of the relevant 3D packages (eg. Maya, XSI or 3D Studio Max) currently in use by the industry (and familiarity with other programmes can be an advantage);
- ability to learn new software quickly, and learn on the job, if necessary;
- enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally;
- ability to analyse and problem solve;
- capacity to take responsibility and ability to manage and prioritise their time and workload;
- ability to record information accurately and produce reports;
- ability to take instructions and work as part of a team, with the capacity to work with a minimum of supervision, when required;
- ability to work under pressure if required;
- experience in scripting is desirable but not essential;
- respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio, production or pipeline;
How To Apply
Please email your resume, portfolio/demo reel link and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit: email@example.com
Please ensure that you state the position you are applying for in the “subject” line of your email.